Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things Are Finally Coming Together

Alright, so Sunday and Monday of the Memorial weekend were not as heavy on the "remodeling" per se, but there were a few things to mention that we accomplished.

I went to Lowes to pick up a few things we didn't think about on Friday when we were there and I had to get some hardware for the grill. I also got to buy some vise grips because I found a pair that was on sale for $5 off and I needed them to help me remove a bolt on the grill that was stripped. Fortunately, once I got that new hardware and the stripped bolt removed, there was only a few more steps to follow before the grill was finished. So, I got that done. Then, I prepared the grill for cooking because we were expecting her parents over that evening for dinner.

Around 4 that day, Cass's parents stopped by on their way home from Dayton, OH because Cooper had a soccer tournament down there over the weekend. Cass's Dad, Kevin, helped me out with installing some conduit for the 220 volt power line in the laundry room for the dryer. The previous owners just had the wire dangling from the wall. So we got that done. Then, we replaced the duct work for the dryer through the garage with some new hard duct work instead of the old flexible, convoluted duct work. All the while Kevin and I were doing this, I was also grilling up some chicken for dinner. I was totally multitasking!

With the conduit installed and the duct work in place, we started moving the appliances in. Since the laundry room was kind of small we had a fun time reaching around the back of the dryer to connect the vent ducts. Once we got all that hooked up, the finished product made us happy! Cass and I did our first load of laundry that night and stared at them for a little while like a couple of 3 year olds watching tv going, "Cooooool."

Later on, the five of us had a grilled chicken dinner sitting in our lawn chairs with no table. It was great!

On Monday we really didn't do any remodeling. We pretty much just moved over some stuff from the apartment like the mattress and bedroom furniture. We had my parents over for another BBQ. This one was a lot less chaotic since we weren't installing any appliances and cooking at the same time!

My Mom and Dad bought us a nice set of patio furniture that we got to use for dinner which was nice because eating at a table when you're outside is a lot easier. Cass and I were really happy about that, too, because we had been looking at patio furniture but we always refrained from buying anything because we had more important stuff we needed to use our budget for before moving in. So that was very nice of them.

The last thing I did on Monday after Cass and I moved over one more trip's worth of stuff was I hung our bikes from the rafters in the garage. We're so happy we finally have a place for all of our transportation-type vehicles.

OK! Time for what everybody's been waiting for...Before and After pictures! Right now we've only finished the master bedroom and kitchen, but we've got some good pictures of both rooms to share.


The Kitchen Before...


After!


Opposite wall of the kitchen before...


After!


Master bedroom before...


After! This one's probably my favorite transformation! The ceiling fan looks 20 times better than the old one.


Bedroom/Bath vanity before...


After!

We're soooooo happy with the results. Once we get all our stuff moved in, I'll post some pictures of everything.

Stay tuned, we've got a living room to paint this weekend, so there's still more to come!

0 comments: