Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Whoa!!! Big Spider!

Cass and I decided tonight that we'd head on over to the house so I could mow the lawn and we could do a little yard work since the house's exterior needs a little sprucing up. So, we went in to the backyard to get the lawnmower and other things out of the shed. Cass was going to do some weeding in the beds and what not so I grabbed one of the half empty yard waste bags for her to use and brought it out of the shed. When Cass looked at the bag though, I thought she was having a heart attack or something. She gasped like I'd never heard her gasp before and said "Holy Cow!!! Ken look at this."

That's when I looked at the side of the bag facing away from me and found this!




The shot above kinda gives you a perspective on how big he was. This guy was probably a good 2-3 inches in diameter including it's legs. The only spider I've ever seen that was bigger than this one was in the Philippines! I gave the thing a real swift, strong swat with my sandle and it curled up into a little ball so I don't think we'll be seeing anymore of that creepy crawler.

Cass and I decided we're spraying some pesticide around the house this weekend. Yeeeahhhhh.

1 comments:

JJB said...

I don't think I want to move into your house after all. :(

Haha, glad you killed it! Yuck!