Monday, June 18, 2012

Let the Painting Begin

This weekend was such a nice change of pace from the last few weekends. Over the week, just doing an hour or two here and there, I prepped the bathroom walls for painting. Mudding and filling holes in the drywall, etc. Saturday, all I did was sand the joints and refill them where necessary. This meant I could do a bit of work, and then I had to wait for it to dry before I could work any more on it. This was like heaven for me! Basically, I didn't have a strict time table that required 8 or more straight hours of intense labor! AWESOME!"

After I finally deemed the joints ready, Cass and I taped all the edges of the tile. We then taped some plastic drop cloth to the tile so there was absolutely no possibility of getting paint on the tile. I wasn't about to spend all that time, sweat, and money just to ruin it by dripping paint into the grout lines which would be impossible to clean out!

There were a few spots on the ceiling I was a little concerned about how they'd look despite my phenomenal skills at mudding (rrrright), but it's funny how bad it looks before you actually paint it. After we got a couple coats of primer up on everything, the joints looked so much nicer. ::Huge sigh of relief::

As I mentioned above, Cass and I were able to get a couple coats of primer up on the walls before the end of the weekend. We did that on Sunday. (I think the picture on the right is after the first coat.) I know I've said this before, but it's so nice to just work and make solid progress with no hold-ups. The only mishap was when I was taking the roller cover off the roller, I dropped the wet roller cover onto the floor outside the bathroom. Luckily, because we used this same area for filling the paint tray, we put down some plastic on top of the carpet. Phew! Phew!



We'll probably paint during the week and (fingers crossed) the goal for next weekend, shower door and toilet! Gosh, I am sooooooo close to being done!

0 comments: