Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Finished! Enough...Part 2

So, one "Grrr" moment I have to tell you about before the rest of the story. On Friday, before installing the door, I started installing the trim for the showerhead faucet and handle. The showerhead was fine. The controls? Not so much.

This shower handle actually has two controls, one for volume control, the other for temperature control. There's one small screw that Delta gives you to install the temperature handle. The screw that came in our kit was the wrong screw. It doesn't fit the universal valve that Delta's website said I should use for the shower trim kit we wanted! Unbelievable. So we had to call Delta and tell them we needed the right screw. I just have a feeling that they're going to send us the same screw.

Sunday

To be honest, we had aspirations of grandeur for Sunday, but we did nothing. I wanted to completely finish the bathroom. All there was left to do was install the new overhead light and hang the new door. We did neither of those things. We went to Lowes to get the right door for the bathroom after church, but after that I just had no energy. I took an 1.5 hour nap and the only reason I woke up was because Cass came and woke me up.

So, on to the good stuff! I love before and after shots! They show you just how much difference all those dollars, sweat drops, and wasted weekends afforded you! In this case, I'd say it was worth it all. Some of the before pictures now that we see them with fresh eyes are actually a little embarrassing.

Before

After

And just for fun...


Yeah, we love our new bathroom!

0 comments: