Friday, March 2, 2012

Tips for Remodeling Vol. 1

Ok, so I've decided it'd be fun to start posting things that I learn from remodeling for my own reference and to share.

1. When buying new fixtures, shop around! We found a nice shower door that we want and looked at prices at Lowes and Home Depot. The door we wanted was $590 at Lowes and $544 at Home Depot. Then I looked at Menards, $259! WHAT?!? Sure it's a bit of a drive, but guess where we're buying our shower door!


2. Toilet bowls make a really loud noise when you throw them as hard as you can into a big metal dumpster! Just sayin'...




3. Reciprocating saws are evil, DeRanGed power tools that (I'm guessing) were developed by a man who thought that the other existing types of saws didn't give him enough of an adrenaline rush but he also had enough sense to know that a chainsaw would be overkill..... and I LOVE 'EM!


4. Finally, don't expect that the house was built like you think it was and that everything will go as you hope. Just don't, 'cause it won't.

0 comments: