Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cass's Craftiness!

Hello followers. I don't have any news for the bathroom remodel right now. I haven't done anything except buy a bunch more cement board. This week was my last week of working at the Help Desk. Since I fell ill late in the week, my energy's just completely gone to be working on the bathroom.

Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone to say I start my new Business Systems Analyst job this week. If you're thinking that title sounds familiar, it may be because that is the same title my wife has. We now have the same job just in different departments of ITS. I'm über excited!

I also wanted to show you a cool wall hanging that Cass and her craftiness made. Cass found this idea on Pinterest and we both liked it enough that she wanted to give it a try. The idea's really simple but time consuming. You drive a whole bunch of nails in the shape of a state and a heart (or whatever shape you want) inside the state (like where your hometown is) half-way into the wood plank and wrap a long continuous thread around all the nails between the inner shape and the state outline.

We bought a few 2oz boxes of 3/4" long 18 gauge wire brads. They're about $1.30/box from Lowes. Cass started hammering the nails in and quickly discovered she didn't enjoy doing this very much. Needless to say I hammered a bunch of nails in for her, probably about half of them. There were a bunch of really tight areas where it was really hard to hold a nail to get it started. This is where a pair of needle-nose pliers comes in really handy.

Cass recently bought this Silhouette Cameo cutter machine that she used to cut out the shape of Michigan which she just taped to the board temporarily to use as a template to follow for the nails. We're really happy with how it turned out. Cass is going to do two more. One of Texas (where she was born) and one of California (where I was born).

I hope you have an awesome week! I'm expecting to! ^_^

0 comments: