Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tiling the Walls, Part 1

Ok folks, lots and lots of pictures to share, so I'm breaking this up into three different posts. There probably won't be much in the way of reading for this one because it's basically a whole bunch of tiling and the only exciting thing about tiling is the result!

Friday

Memorial weekend turned into an all out tiling marathon for me. Before I could get started tiling the shower walls, I had to finish tiling the shower curb and the baseboards. So, I took the Friday before memorial day weekend off and did just that.

I wish I could say that I had a whole bunch of exciting stuff to tell you about, but I don't. So, this will be more of a photo gallery. Tiling tends to be long and I'd imagine very boring to watch. So I'll just post the photos and talk about them when there's a story behind it.





Cutting tile for the top of the curb.






Saturday

I was already aching from working on Friday, but I had a whole bunch of tiling to yet to do. So, Saturday, my Dad came over to help me out. We discussed our plans for a little while early in the day and got started laying out the grid on the walls for how we'd be tiling up the wall.








I know, nice right? This pretty much explains how I felt after 1 1/2 days of tiling.


Dad had to make a plunge cut for a couple of the tiles around the first recessed shelf. Tricky!


This is how far we got on Saturday. Obviously, there was a pretty fair amount of tiling yet to do.

More to come in Part 2!

0 comments: